Thursday, December 1, 2011

Moved by the Music!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Team Four Bears is now only $635 $610 $585 $575 $475 $450 away from our $5000 goal!
Want to help us reach our goal?
Just click HERE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Are you moved by music? I know I am. Music helps me pass the time, think about something other than the pain of a long run, inspires me to run longer, faster, and not give up.

My choice of music is incredibly eclectic. My play list ranges from rock, pop, bluegrass, country, gospel, and Glee (that's a musical genre, didn't you know?). I tend to gravitate towards songs that have inspirational words versus great musical prowess. Given that I have NO musical skills whatsoever, that kinda makes sense. Most people would think that I need fast, upbeat music to get me across the finish line. For a 5k, maybe. But not me. I need the words, the inspiration. Are any of us surprised by this?

These are the current top 5 on my running playlist:
  1. Marchin On - One Republic
  2. Hey Hey Hey - Michael Franti and The Spearheads
  3. I'll Fly Away - Allison Krauss & Gillian Welch
  4. I Will Rise - Chris Tomlin
  5. Less Than Perfect - Karmin
(I think my 16 year old niece-bear just passed out from the uncoolness of that list. So very sorry EBear! I promise I'm still cool. Sorta.)

So, a few marathons back, I wasn't feeling the motivation I needed to get myself across the finish line. So, I asked my bear friends to help me. I had them email Papa Bear a song they thought would help get me across the finish line. He then loaded them on my music player and I listened to them the whole race. IT. WAS. AWESOME. And hilarious. And downright fun.

So. I'm doing it again this year. With a twist.

Donate at least $10 to Team Four Bears and you can suggest a song for my playlist. If it's not already on my playlist, I'll download it and be forced to have the opportunity to listen to it during the race on Sunday. No matter what. Sweet, sappy, funny, obscene. Even if it's rap.

"Official" Rules -
  1. Donate $10 or more to Team Four Bears
  2. Put your song suggestion in the comments on this blog or in the comments section of this link on Facebook.
  3. If you have already donated to our team, just put your song suggestion in the comments on this blog or in the comments section of this link on Facebook.
  4. One song per donor.
I'll then put a return comment to each of you confirming that your song selection has been added to the playlist.

Help us reach our goal of $5000 and musically motivate me across the finish line!

7 comments:

  1. Okay, I donated, so I am adding Eminem, but better song: "I'm Not Afraid"


    Also: "Hey Yeah" by Outkast. (shake it like a Polaroid, baby!!!)

    Good luck
    Love, Holly Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I get 10 SONGS :-)
    But, I am not going to be greedy. So, my submission is Chris August - You and I
    But trust me, I have a few days to squeeze in another Eminem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly Bear - THANK YOU for your donation. I have your songs down. Although, little freaked out by the number of my friends who recommend Eminem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous -

    You tried to be anonymous. Yo.
    But, you know I know. Yo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Follow up. Holly.

    I AM AFRAID!! I must now wash my ears out with soap. But, alas, I will do anything for a donation to TSRHC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mama bear, its EBear! I know our clan is a little behind, but we have some song suggestions for you!
    from LBear is Faster by Matt Nathanson
    from Big Sis Bear is If You're Going Through Hell by Rodney Atkins (for that crappy leg of the race when your'e super tired)
    from (redneck) Brother in Law Bear is Everything"s Legal in Alabama by Bob Wayne (NOT a kid song)
    and from me is Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) by Shakira. PS i was dually impressed by your top five, especially OneRepublic and Michael Franti. We are thinking about you and praying for you, hope you kick some Bear Butt!!!! :) love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME suggestions EBear (and all!) CANNOT WAIT to hear them and let them carry me through!!!

    ReplyDelete