Thursday, August 23, 2012

Four!


Four years ago, all my wishes came true when you joined our den.  And then, as quickly as you could blow out that candle, Sugar Bear, we woke you up this morning to tell you YOU WERE FINALLY FOUR.

I joke that during the entire year of your threes,  I would comfort myself each night with the thought that we were one day closer to four.  And now, here we are.  I love four.  It's my favorite age.  I just can't believe you are already here!

My goodness, how your personality has grown this year.  You love to talk and sometimes resort to extreme volume in order to be heard in this talkative den.  You know what you want and have no problem making it clear.  Recently, you've learned to express your displeasure with your Brother Bear by balling up your fists and screaming at the TOP of your lungs.  I can't help it, but sometimes I giggle a little before I redirect you.

Your passion for princesses and glamour is only surpassed by your love of fashion.  On a recent trip to a department store, I was taken aback by your confident fashion sense.  You love to sparkle and shine.  Little do you know, you don't need fashion to make that happen.

You still live life with an exclamation point at the end of every sentence.  I pray that inner joy, that lovely spark, never leaves.

I constantly worry that, as the second child, you get my parenting "leftovers."  Instead of spending hours at the library, we spend hours running errands and carting around friends.  With you, I've been more free range.  I've let you make more messes.  I'm not sure I'm doing it right this time around either.  Just know that, while my parenting may be different, my love for you is never leftovers.

Welcome to four Sugar Bear.  It's going to be a great year.
---------

Today on Facebook, I've written a little about my thoughts and preparations for Sugar Bear's birthday today.  Click here to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment