Thursday, July 9, 2009

L-O-S-E-R

How do you spell sore loser?

M-A-M-A B-E-A-R.

While in the Land of the Bears, we try to enjoy a multitude of games after the bear cubs are hibernating. My Mother Bear and Daddy Bear have just about any game one might want to play.

We played an especially close game of Scrabble the other night. It was neck and neck between myself and Papa Bear. He spelled the word, "heated" which put him in the lead. Then My Mother Bear stole my next placement (that would have put me in the lead), so I spelled something easy (read: not particulary point-worthy).

Then, with a final twist of cruel irony, Papa Bear laid his last tile. It was a "C", which added to his previous word spelled, "Cheated".

Does anyone beside me smell a conspiracy? No one should be allowed to win with the word cheated.

I demand a recount.

Then, last night, we played Rummikub. I was mortified that I never won a single set. Despite My Daddy Bear's protestations that he was the official loser, I lost by something like 100 points.

Did I mention that I'm not a good loser?

I'm planning on challenging Brother Bear to a fierce game of Go Fish tomorrow. I need an ego boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment