Monday, March 29, 2010

One step at a time


Number of incisions in Brother Bear's Achilles Tendons: 4

Number of times Dr. Bear (or his team) has pushed Brother Bear's feet into dorsiflexion: countless (2 things to note - 1: for those of you who don't know, that is some dang fine dorsiflexion if I do say so myself! 2: I was so grossed out that the Dr. Bear didn't put on gloves to touch Brother Bear's nasty feet, I could barely take the picture!

One pair of orthopedic shoes to go over casts so Brother Bear could feel like a "normal" kid at school: $97 (gulp)

One shower chair to aid in cleaning the "essentials": More $ than I'm willing to admit

One pair of cast covers to keep casts from getting wet while cleaning the "essentials": $15

Number of days without a real bath: 46

Number of delicious, trans-fat-full bags of popcorn as a post-doctor-visit-reward: Probably in the high double digits!!

Knowing that we are one step closer on the path to no longer walking on our toes: PRICELESS

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the toe nail close up shot. If it makes you feel any better, Duncan's have been that dirty and he's never had casts on, and thus, no good reason for them to be so.

    I know you are so proud of him! He is so brave and is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete