Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Cyber Chat

A conversation that occured recently (in my head)...



Loyal Cyber Bear: Mama Bear? Hello? Are you alive? Hellooooooo?



Mama Bear: Huh, what? Oh, Hi! Funny seeing you here! How are you?



Loyal Cyber Bear: Um, I'm good. How are you?



Mama Bear: Oh, I'm great! I'm just great!



Loyal Cyber Bear: Ahem, Mama Bear, uh, I have a question for you.



Mama Bear: Yes?



Loyal Cyber Bear: What happened to you? Where have you been? You've posted only about 2 posts in the last month. Are you okay?



Mama Bear: Oh, yes. That. Well, you see, I was really overwhelmed with Brother Bear's surgery, and recovery and then things started getting better. And then, of course, there was the almost dying of vertigo incident. It took me about a week and a half to feel better from that. During that whole time I started a new writing venture in conjuntion with my church and their Facebook page, so I got a little overwhelmed. By the time I got that together, I had to pack up the family in preparation for the bear cubs' spring break visit to my In-Law Bears while Papa Bear and I headed to The Land of the Bears for a rescheduled (and much needed) vacation. We are now enjoying our last day of freedom, uh, I mean vacation. So, I guess I kinda got a little behind with my Cyber Den, didn't I? Oops! My apologies for neglecting y'all.



Loyal Cyber Bear: Well, it's good to know that you're alive. I was starting to worry!



Mama Bear: Aww. That's so sweet! I didn't know you cared so much!



Loyal Cyber Bear: I do, I do. Now, while we are talking about getting better, how is Brother Bear?



Mama Bear: He is doing uh-may-zing. Like, "Ohmygosh-you-are-going-to-give-your-Mama-Bear-a-heart-attack-doing-back-flips-on-the-trampoline-in-your-casts" good. The first few days of recovery were, as expected, rough. However, he has really bounced back better than I expected! His resilliancy and strength has really overwhelmed us! His biggest complaint is the itchy casts and fatigue at the end of the day. Our biggest complaint is the stench of the casts. Six weeks is a loooong time not to bathe. Shewee! He's scheduled to get the casts off on the 26th of March.



Speaking of being overwhelmed, it's high time I thank several of you Loyal Cyber Bears for your kindness during this time. We knew that you guys would support us, but boy did you overdo it! We received sweet notes and emails and nice surprises for Brother Bear too. I was especially surprised by a sweet day-of phone call from a Cousin-In-Law Bear that I didn't even know read my blog (thanks, G.C. Bear!). All of those things really meant so much to a worried Mama Bear. My sincere thank yous go out to each of you.



Loyal Cyber Bear: Well, you are welcome Mama Bear! It's nice to hear things are going so well! Now tell us a little about this writing venture you mentioned.



Mama Bear: Well, I'm part of a group of 5 people that are each writing a weekly blog post on our church's Facebook Page. And yes, I'm very aware of the humor in the fact that I'm willingly participating in yet another thing on Facebook. Karma's funny that way, isn't it?



Loyal Cyber Bear: (giggling under breath) Yes, that is funny! I'm curious though, what are you writing about, and how can I read it?



Mama Bear: Well, I'm not exactly sure what I'm writing about just yet. So far, it is just some musings on how my life and faith intersect. It's tough though! The pressure of writing something thoughtful is much more difficult than writing something funny. With how I've neglected this blog, I'm a bit concerned about the writer's block I'm going to encounter with this new one! But if you are interested, just become a fan of my church on Facebook. Then look at the notes. My cohorts and I each have a day of the week. I'm guessing you might enjoy them all, but I'm on Thursdays!



Loyal Cyber Bear: That's cool! I'll do it. I'll even try to get Papa Bear, your Big Sister Bear, your Mother Bear and Daddy Bear to get on Facebook too!



Mama Bear: Yeah, good luck with that.



Loyal Cyber Bear: You mentioned something about vacation. Are you and Papa Bear on Vacation?



Mama Bear: Indeed we are. My Mother Bear and My Daddy Bear generously lent us their Cabin in the Woods for the week while my In Law Bears generously offered to take care of the bear cubs. We have been enjoying the fresh mountain air, eating food without hearing anyone complain, hiking, drinking wine, talking without being interrupted, watching movies (without cartoon characters or tushie humor), and sleeping. Oooh, the sleeping. We're sleeping like we used to sleep in college. Remember when you used to sleep like that? Oh, I forgot what it was like to sleep like that. A Mama Bear could get used to it. But, alas, all good things must come to and end and that includes vacation. We leave tomorrow morning to go pick up the bear cubs. I actually miss those furry little critters! But this vacation was just what the doctor ordered for Papa Bear and me.



Loyal Cyber Bear: That is great, Mama Bear! I'm so glad to hear you've had a break. I'm assuming now that you are rested, you'll get back into the swing of this blog thing, right? Right?



Mama Bear: Indeed, it is my hope dear Cyber Bears!! Despite my lack of posts recently, I've really enjoyed occasionally entertaining you with the humor that is my life. I hope you'll stick with me and have fun on this crazy ride. It wouldn't be fun without you!



Loyal Cyber Bear: Aww, shucks. Now I'm blushing.



Mama Bear: You should, Loyal Cyber Bear! I truly appreciate you stopping by the den so often and checking in. Here's to seeing you again. Soon.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! That Loyal CyberBear asked LOTS of great questions! Enjoy the rest of the vacay! lovies to all the bears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No explanation necessary. But totally enjoyable. :)

    RAK

    ReplyDelete