Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fortune Teller

Brother Bear put this sign on his door yesterday. Translation (for those of you who don't read fluent phonetics): Keep Out! P.S. You know why I wrote this because you wouldn't give me a brownie".

That's right. We denied our cub...a brownie. Let it be known that we are not crazy food denying bears! Brother Bear made a poor choice earlier that morning that resulted in a consequence: no dessert privileges for the day. Unfortunately, his Y Guides tribe was coming over that evening, and I was making homemade brownies for the event...

Do you see the train wreck waiting to happen??

Needless to say, it was a rough afternoon of learning lessons and, apparently, a letter writing campaign. But we stuck to our guns (encouraged by a recent MOPS speaker). In case you are worried, I'm happy to report that Brother Bear did not starve.

I predict door slamming in our future.

4 comments:

  1. The PS is really what makes it awesome! But good for you for sticking to your guns! (You wanna send me his homemade brownie?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I threw my beloved teddy bear in the trash as revolt for something my Mom did when I was six or so. I have no idea what that "something" was, 37 years later. I imagine the "Breat Brownie Incident of 2010" will soon be forgotten by him--but probably never by you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete