Monday, August 23, 2010

Two..


Two years ago today, I was enjoying my very quiet morning. Papa Bear was on a long run, and Brother Bear was still sleeping. I watched the sun rise, relaxed a little, and made out my very long list of to-dos for the day.

And - in an instant - my list of to-dos changed to one thing: bring Sugar Bear into the world!!

----------
Two years ago today, you gave me a wonderful surprise.
Two years ago today, I fell in love again.

In that short span of time, you've taught me much...
My "lists" and to-dos aren't important. They can wait.
The joy of life with a newborn.
Sibling love is a beautiful thing.
How to be more relaxed this time.

I love that every sentence you say end with an exclamation point.
I love your passion...well, mostly.
I love your sparkly eyes and the way you work a crowd.

You are my sunshine, Sugar Bear.
For a while, I wasn't sure you would grace our lives.
Oh, how blessed I am that you did!

Love,

Mama Bear




3 comments:

  1. Happy 2nd birthday, Sugar Bear!! Brooks sends his toddler love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, sweet girl! That post made me teary-eyed. Sugar Bear is a lucky girl to have you as her mama bear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to the cutest Sugar Bear! She's been adorable forever, but I'll never forget the first time she said my name at Wednesday night dinner -- There was no going back after that! Big hugs to her today.

    ReplyDelete