Thursday, November 5, 2009

How long?

The question isn't how long do you leave your Christmas decorations up. The question is how long do you leave your rotting jack-o-lantern on your front porch.

Currently, we're at 12 days.

We have to wave off the flies as we wait for carpool. I hold my breath when I get the morning paper.

I refuse to touch it at this point. I have a delicate constitution...

Perhaps if I were some home-schooling genius I could turn this into a great science lesson. Or maybe, we could just start a compost pile right there on our front doorstep. I'll tell everyone we're "going green".

The Neighborhood Association Award for "Trashiest Neighbor" goes to....
The Four Bears!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! That is so funny! We carved ours (five of 'em) way too early. They slowly became black and furry and full of ants. When we went to light them on Halloween, 4 of 5 collapsed under the pressure. The stains are still on the porch. Love the pic. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you and Papa Bear in an official stand-off now?

    ReplyDelete