Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Life with my boy cub


Life with my boy cub is never dull. Conversations are always entertaining and filled with, well, boy stuff. At least once a day, I find myself either groaning in utter disbelief, or stifling a laugh. Here's a snippet of just a few things that occurred in ONE mere day in our Den:

---------------

Brother Bear: Did you know that when you sneeze your body blows air through your nose? But if your nose is stopped up, then it blows out snot. If it is really stopped up, it backs up and comes out of your mouth.

---------------

Brother Bear: It would be so cool if I tooted in the bathtub! My toot would make bubbles in the water! (hysterical bear cub laughing ensues)

----------------
Brother Bear: Can I have a show?

Mama Bear: No.

Brother Bear: Please give me a show?

Mama Bear: No.

Brother Bear: If you give me a show, I'll give you a dollar. If you let me watch 2, I'll give you 2 dollars. If you let me watch 3, I'll give you 2 dollars, 55 cents, and 75 cents. You can buy anything you want!

(for those curious, while I was tempted, I didn't take the bait.)
----------------

Mama Bear: Brother Bear, please put your braces on and walk down the hallway so the nice Orthotist can make sure the braces are adjusted correctly.

Brother Bear: Okay. Walk. (begins walking down populated hallway) Wiener walk, wiener walk, wiener walk, wiener walk, wiener walk, wiener walk, wiener walk, wiener walk, wiener walk....

Mama Bear: mumble, grumble, GROWL, mumble, grumble....

-----------------

Brother Bear: See, Mama Bear, I told you!

Mama Bear: Told me what?

Brother Bear: That you were smart. Smarter than all the other bears. Well, not the college bears. The college bears are smarter.

Mama Bear: But, Mama Bear went to college. Twice, in fact.

Brother Bear: Oh. Well. I'm only going to college for 4 days.

Mama Bear: Really? I'm not sure you are going to get a lot out of just 4 days.

Brother Bear: Okay. Then I'll go ten days.

------------------

Brother Bear: MAMA BEAR, I'M OUTTA TOILET PAPER!!

Mama Bear: Okay, Brother Bear! Remain calm! I'm bringing you a new roll of....huh? Um, Brother Bear, why are you stark naked on the toilet?

Brother Bear: Ahh! I took my shirt off! I didn't mean to take my shirt off!!!

Mama Bear: (rolls eyes, hands toilet paper to Brother Bear, and walks away...)

------------------

Sigh. I'm going to miss these interactions soon. They are one of the several things that make the tough times with him just a little easier.

But one thing is for certain. His Kindergarten teacher is going to have a lot of fodder for her party conversations!


No comments:

Post a Comment