Friday, August 7, 2009

While the bear cub's away..

...the Mama Bear cleans! At least, that was my plan.

Brother Bear has been with his Mimi & Poppa Bear (Papa Bear's Parents) for the week. Historically, I've done some intense cleaning during these visits. But Sugar Bear put a fabulous wrench in my plan. Instead, we've had fun this week one-on-one playing and working on where her ears are located - as she thinks they are on the top of her head. Sigh.

When possible during the week, I have done some small cleaning projects. Specifically decluttering the Bear Den. Is it just me, or do Bear Cubs quadruple the clutter? Argh! Besides all the extra toys and blankets and clothes, you then have the rocks, bottle caps and gravel found on the playground. And, of course, you have the artwork. My GOD THE ARTWORK. I try to save some of the good artwork, but have you ever tried to throw away one of your Bear Cub's "less than stellar art"? Whewee! I only made that mistake once.

Instead? I shove it in a cabinet and then sort through it when he's out of town (Oh. Don't say you haven't done it either!). I know I'm awful. I know this is going to be a topic of conversation during his many therapy sessions he'll have later in life. Oh well! I WANT MY HOUSE BACK. And slimming down the artwork gets me one step closer.

Next task: Sugar Bear's high chair. If the sign of good parenting is the cleanliness of your bear cub's high chair, I'm in trouble.

Big trouble.

1 comment:

  1. The more Cheerios in the cracks, the better the parenting, I always say. Yesirreee.

    ReplyDelete