Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hillbilly hello!

Alternately titled, "The tooth that just wouldn't come looth"...

Brother Bear has a loose tooth that has been hanging by a thread - literally - since Friday. I was certain that our corn on the cob with dinner on Friday would do the trick. Nope. This is one stubborn tooth.

Oh, and did I mention that I refuse to be a part of ripping a tooth from my sweet, innocent bear cub's mouth?

So, we wiggle and we wait and we wiggle some more. And we might also giggle a little every time we try to have a conversation with this:
Does anyone hear banjo music?


4 comments:

  1. My kids have learned to avoid me when they have a loose tooth because before they even know what's happening, I've reached in and yanked the thing out! First couple of loose teeth, I didn't have a clue what I was doing. At this point, they've lost something like 18 teeth between the 2 of them. Just 2 days ago in fact, I yanked one out of Avery's mouth. Took me all of about 1/2 a second. Got it done before the drama could even begin. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother Bear looks precious with only one front tooth. Now, if you can just manage to get the other one loose and the adult teeth to stay put, you'll have the makings of a Christmas song! :)

    FYI: I love dental floss "lassos" for pulling teeth. Once you've "roped" the tooth, you either yank forward or let your little hillbilly do the work. Either way, we've managed to extract many a loose tooth this way, without adult fingers being bitten to the bone or much drama.

    ReplyDelete