Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I Went to the Animal Fair

Well, we survived our annual "jaunt" to the fair, and I lived to blog about it.

Have I mentioned I am not particularly fond of the fair?

Okay. That's not being fair. ahem. I like the local, quaint, manageable fairs. It's the fair-on-steroids that I don't like. You know what, it's not the fair itself that I don't like. It's the pandemonium, sensory and gastronomic overload, bleeding money, tear invoking, diaper soaking, coupon buying, aching feet, oh-my-god-where-is-my-child-now part that I really don't like.

I shouldn't complain. The kids had a blast. A policeman gave us free tickets, the rain never came, and I found $20 on the midway (after I tried to return it first).

But, alas, I just don't like the Fair-On-Steroids that we attend. Papa Bear has banned me (and my bad attitude) from next year's festivities.

Now, that's just not fair....

Here are a few memories:

inducting Sugar Bear to fair eatin'


lunch

driving the old beater

Spinnin'

My lil' dare-devil bear

Papa Bear's snack (a.k.a. Fried Oreos) - he said, "it tastes like an oreo wrapped in a donut"

Fishing - where "everyone is a winner"...

Our fishing prize....until they took it away. Although "everyone is a winner," everyone can't win everything...
Ahh...gun time!

Holding off the rain gods

A hello on steroids

waving in the wind

Dessert. What can I say. I'm a purist at heart. (I only ate HALF of it...)

kickin' the tires (of a Corvette)

trying to escape via the parked minivan on display (I'm right behind ya Sugar Bear!)

EVERYTHING is bigger at the fair...

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm--fried Oreos. Might be worth a trip to the fair just to give those a try! sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going. Truthfully, I would if my hubby would agree to join us (HELLO I need a good funnel cake fix). But J's quite anti-fair and I am not attempting ANYTHING on steroids with three kids by myself. :)

    Cute pics!

    RAK

    ReplyDelete