Thursday, January 6, 2011

Asleep at the wheel

Or blog, really.

My apologies very loyal Cyberbears! I had great plans for my post-marathon December. It would involve leisurely days with Sugar Bear NOT spent at the gym, yummy family dinners followed by meaningful time with Brother Bear and the Advent Calendar, and special time with friends, family and Papa Bear celebrating the real reason for the season.

Instead, it was a whirlwind of panic and chaos and rushed dinners and packing. Oh, and did I mention the school parties? Oh. My. Heaven. The school parties were the death of me. On just the last day there were THREE parties (because, one just isn't enough). I spent the last week camped out at the school which can put the loveliest of Mama Bears in a foul mood (and let's face it, I ain't the loveliest Mama Bear to begin with!).

And then we had 19 days of blissful vacation in which I had even more intended. We took a trip to the mountains with my family to ski and celebrate my Mother Bear's very important milestone birthday. In my mind I had great visions of the 4 days of driving. The cubs would read and play joyfully in the back of the van whilst Papa Bear drove and I tackled a host of to-dos that overflowed from my bag-where-I-put-everything-I-need-to-do. I even haughtily brought a post-it note with a list of writing ideas so that I could spend some time in the car catching up on writing and start the New Year off with great blog posts.

Yeah. Um, have any of you driven 2200 miles in a van with a 7 year old and 2 year old cub lately? Apparently, I was delusional. I spent the majority of the ride straddled between the front and back seats readjusting Sugar Bear's headphones for the umpteen-millionth time, refilling snacks and bartering over which movie we would watch next. So much for catching up!

But the final destination was totally worth it. I spent 7 magical days with my family celebrating my Mother Bear, skiing to my heart's content, and eating myself out of a pair of ski pants. Brother Bear and his Cousin Bear skied for the first time while my Sister Bear and I instantly aged 10 years. Good thing she's older. (you might need to put on your spectacles to catch that zinger, sis!) They both rocked the mountain and we are considering our training options for the 2018 Winter Olympics. Bode Miller, watch out!

Of course when we returned I was inundated with real life and laundry. Oh! The LAUNDRY. I've just now overpowered the pile of laundry and I put the Christmas decorations away last night. Shew!

Needless to say, I enjoyed the time off immensely save the guilt of not visiting the blog for...um...a while. My apologies.

So, how were your holidays?

I hope they were full. Full of family, full of friends, full of fun, but most of all- full of LAUGHTER and LOVE. I truly wish that for each visitor to this little cyber den.

I hope I'm back in the saddle again. I have a post-it note full of ideas and stories to tell you. Let's just hope the cubs leave me alone long enough to figure out what I meant when I scratched those ideas/stories down over a month ago!

Until then, here's a link to my weekly Facebook column (we took a hiatus during the Advent Season).

Happy New Year, Cyberbears! I can't imagine a better cybercrowd with which to ring in 2011! Here's to a year full of laughter and love.
---------------------------------------

Today I'm posting my New Year's Resolution for all to see. Brave, huh? Click here to find out what it is!


3 comments:

  1. Ha! Loved the zinger(s) to Sister Bear!! So glad y'all had a wonderful trip! And welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymity doesn't work if you sign your name. :)

    -Keith Rayburn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keith, It's a pseudonym with a completely fake Facebook Page to boot?

    ReplyDelete