Monday, January 10, 2011

Funnies

I consider myself relatively tech savvy. Not as tech savvy as, say, Papa Bear mind you. But I get by. Most everything I do is electronic save one thing: the newspaper. I'm totally retro in that department (my parent bears have actually eclipsed me on this one). That bulky bastion of information is still delivered to my "door step" seven days a week. I love reading it over breakfast (as does Papa Bear, Brother Bear, and Sugar Bear. Well, Sugar Bear just enjoys making a mess of it at the moment). There is just something about flipping those pages in my hands. I just can't describe it.

I recognize that for a bear who has passionately read from her Kindle since before it was cool that this sounds weird. But that's me. What can I say? I'm a mystery.

One of the things I really love is the funnies (also known as: the comic strips). As I love to laugh, I can always count on at least one laugh a day from the funny pages.

Recently the funnies did not disappoint and gave me a two-fer. Thought I would brighten your Monday with a good laugh (as well as give you a peek into my twisted sense of humor).

Funny #1

Funny #2
(in case you are wondering, I'm totally the cupcake in this scenario)

Hmmm...it's interesting that both comics are about food, isn't it? Bet you'll never guess who is trying to re-lose some poundage after gorging herself through the holidays!



2 comments:

  1. We still get the paper, too-- and even MY parents have stopped! I will admit, however, to calling each renewal time in order to get a reduced rate, because the Washington Post sure thinks it's important enough to be quite $$$! ;-) But, weirdly enough, I never EVER read "the funnies." The other 3 Moores always have convos about this comic strip or that one and I never know what they're talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Can you call to bargain? I should really try that! Oh, and I've been known to mention a comic strip to Opa once in a while myself!

    ReplyDelete