Monday, September 19, 2011

Kryptonite

If I were a super hero bear (which, let's just get this out of the way right now, I AM NOT) do you want to know what would be my Kryptonite? Do you?

I'll tell you. No, I'll show you:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
AHHH! I can feel the superpowers being sucked from me as. I. type....

I'm going to be an honest Mama Bear right now and tell you a secret:

I HATE POTTY-TRAINING.

Hate it. HATE, HATE, HATE. Yes, the word I tell my cubs they cannot say. So there. Call CPS and tell them. Maybe they will come potty train my cubs for me. BECAUSE I AM A COMPLETE AND TOTAL POTTY TRAINING FAILURE. There are a MILLION other parenting type jobs that I would rather do than potty train a toddler cub. Seriously. A MILLION. I've reached the point where I understand how parent bears pay other people to train their cubs. Because, I'm pretty much there (Anyone up for a barter? I can make several delicious dinners to trade?!?!).

I've taken suggestions from friends, read the articles, tried to put the tips into use, bribed, cajoled, etc. TO NO AVAIL.

I'm powerless in the face of Potty Training, and I don't like it one bit.

Sigh.

I know she won't go to kindergarten wearing pull ups. I know it will happen. I know. But, I just needed to let y'all know how I'm feeling these days.

So, Cyber Bears if you were a Super Hero Parent Bear (which, I'm sure many of you ARE) what would YOUR Kryptonite be?

Tell me, please. Feel free to be anonymous in the comments section. I just need a little parental-bear commiseration here...



4 comments:

  1. Though not a parent, as the aunt my kryptonite is the inability to hurry. My favorite little boy in all the world is a piddler. No, he's an epic piddler. I've had to call for back-up (his mother) to help him put on his pjs because after 20 minutes, I'm done. And crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. H.O.M.E.W.O.R.K. glows green every night.

    What happened to training at camp Grandma?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, next in line for me would be homework. Well, maybe not the homework itself. The argument over doing it. Which lasts LONGER than the actual homework.

    Haven't asked about Camp Mimi Bear. Probably should....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy thing about kryptonite, it will always be there in various forms, just keep plenty of antidote on hand! (wine or chocolate make for excellent antidotes at my house)

    Kryptonite for me lately is tantrums (we still have those of us, who will remain nameless, in the terrible two's around here and older who still throw them.) must... self... medicate!

    ReplyDelete