Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Remembering

September 20, 2010.

I remember.

I would carry the burden for you today (and tomorrow, and the next day...) dear friend if I could.

If only I could.

Today, I dedicate my post to you. You, who has the strength of twenty men. You, who crossed one of life's milestone too early. You, who walks through the path of sorrow with both Southern and Godly grace.

The closing hymn on Sunday made me think about the path we've shared together as friends. How blessed I have been to have you by my side in certain circumstances. How I hope you know I'm here. But more importantly, how you know that you are being carried through this by someone who's stronger and more powerful than either you or me.

Today I will sing the wondrous story. You don't have to sing along. I'll sing it for you.

"I was bruised but Jesus healed me;
Faint was I from many a fall;
Sight was gone and fears possessed me,
But he freed me from them all.
Days of darkness still come o'er me,
Sorrows paths I often tread,
But the Savior still is with me;
By his hand I'm safely led."


I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment