Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sprinkles

I went to the same pediatrician from 18 months of life to, oh, let's call it 18 years old (I'm fairly certain I'm one of the few patients he had to kick out of his office...). His name was Dr. Payne. Seriously. With a name like Payne, you are FORCED into either a career as military official or a pediatrician. Because every four year old cub loves to hear the words, "Sweetie, are you ready to go see Dr. Payne?" Right?

Anyhoo. In the bathroom of Dr. Payne's office there was a silly little poem above the toilet. It read:

"If you sprinkle
when you tinkle,
Be a sweetie and
wipe the seatie."

And, considering I had somewhere between twelve and, oh, six million and forty two urinary tract infections in my life, I spent a lot of time in that bathroom reading that silly poem. A lot.
So, yesterday, Sugar Bear finally did the big deed in the potty (I'll save you the details. And the picture. Papa Bear was not as lucky as you...). Big deal in our household. B-I-G. I'll admit right here on my blog to some serious poor parenting and let you Cyberbears know that I bribed the heck outta that cub. I think I might possibly have offered her a car when she turns sixteen. But, I was desperate folks!

Wanna know what the winning bribe was? Do you? Well, I'll tell you. My Sugar Bear stayed true to her nickname and held out for a Sprinkles Cupcake. Oh. Yes. She. Did.

And all I could think of yesterday the rest of the day was that stupid, stupid poem.

Kinda ruined the cupcake experience for me.

Welcome to just a small peek into the madness that is moi, Mama Bear. You are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment