Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Randoms

I'm writing this post as I desperately try to get ready to head out of town for a Women's Retreat and concurrently parent my cubs. Nothing like multi-tasking to make a Mama Bear feel competent (sarcasm font, please!).

I don't normally post on the weekends. However, I'm working on something that...well...is a big deal for me. I've been scheming this for a while now. But the pieces are falling into place, and my personal deadline to make it public has already passed. So...I'm forcing myself to commit to this. But I need a few quiet minutes away from my precious (but time sucking) cubs in order to process my thoughts and write them up. Insert perfectly timed Women's Retreat!! Yeah! So, assuming that the retreat location has Wifi and assuming I can actually figure out said Wifi (both BIG ifs) I'm going to post this weekend. If not, I'll have the post on Monday.

I'm saying this more to FORCE myself into going public with my plan rather than torture you into hitting refresh all weekend. Nothing like a blog to keep one honest...

Until then, a few randoms for you:

  • My Brother Bear and I were texting back and forth yesterday about this restaurant I saw. He had some pretty snazzy ideas about it that left us both hungry.
What do you think Cyberbears? Culinary Genius or Culinary Disaster??

  • This:
has been sitting neatly packed in our bedroom ready to go since Thursday. He doesn't leave until Sunday night!!! Me? I packed my hospital bag for both my deliveries while in active labor and am currently franticly writing my "talk" at the Women's Retreat (whilst blogging and parenting said cubs). Tomorrow. Yet another reason why he and I are truly made for each other.


  • I've decided to try my hand at becoming a morning bear. I'm five days in and, surprisingly, I haven't died yet. Only one morning was an epic failure. My wake-up times have been (M-F): 6:30, 6:15, 6:15, 6:00 and (insert trumpet sound) 5:45!! My bedtime however, is embarrassingly early now. Just call me MeMaw as I went to SLEEP at 9:30 p.m. last night (I was in bed even earlier). Next on my list? Conquering the world, waking up at 5:15 a.m., and figuring out something to do in the mornings other than drink a cup of coffee and wander aimlessly around the house in my jammies. (Baby Steps, right?)
Okay. That's it for today.

Be looking for more from me soon....


No comments:

Post a Comment