Monday, September 28, 2009

Misunderstood

Warning: if you are eating lunch, please do not read this post. You have been warned.

Also: this post is probably one of those posts that will land me in therapy with Brother Bear later in life...

The other day Brother Bear asked me why it necessary to wipe our bottoms.

Gulp.

Well, I tried to kindly explain to him that it is sanitary, that it keeps us clean, etc., etc., etc. Unfortunately, this did not answer Brother Bear's real question. It seems that what he really wanted to know was what happens in the process that then makes wiping our bottoms necessary.

Double gulp.

I tried my best to explain this topic on my own (although I did seriously consider a quick call to my Biology Professor Big Sister Bear). I soon realized that I would be unable to solely communicate this answer without the use of a visual aid of some sort.

So, the next words out of my mouth were, "Here, let me show you." With those (what seemed like) simple 5 words, I created extreme family pandemonium.

Apparently, I was the only bear in the den that knew I needn't drop my drawers in order to "show" the visual aid.

I am so misunderstood.

No comments:

Post a Comment