Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Oliver Twist


I'm not sure, but I think I might have broken child labor laws last week.

You see, I had guests coming over one evening.  And Brother Bear was bored.  Veryvery bored.  So when I offered the solution of "helping Mama Bear get ready for her party" my incredibly helpful cub was thrilled!

But I think I might have broken child labor laws.

It's just, he was really enjoying himself.  And, he was so helpful and persistent.

It wasn't when I allowed him to mop the living room floor.  Or, clean the windows.  Neither was it when I let him clean the half bath, toilet and all.  Nope.  It wasn't even when I allowed him to scrub the bathtub, or stand on a paper towel on the cleaned countertop and clean the mirrors.

But it was when he'd asked me for the four millionth time, "what ELSE can I clean?" that I crossed the line.

In a moment of poor judgement and sheer maternal desperation, I handed him and old comb and asked him to comb and straighten the tassels of the oriental rug.

I think I might have broken some child labor laws.  

But my house looked fantastic.

3 comments:

  1. Please send him across the street. I need help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy Ward-LogsdonMay 13, 2009 at 5:52 PM

    Brother Bear is invited over ANY time he'd like to come and I will even promise a dip in the pool. Also, what on earth were you doing posting at 5AM??? That just makes me tired to think about!

    ReplyDelete