Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wanna Know Wednesday

We recently instituted a "question box" in our household.  You see, Brother Bear is full of questions.  Most of the time, I have been able to answer these questions on the fly - without resources.  But lately, these questions have become more challenging.  Thus, the Question Box.  We write the question down, then I find the time (find the time...ha ha ha!) to use my resources (read: internet) to find the answers.  

Why don't you just say, "I don't know" you ask?  Well, I may possibly - on one or two occasions - inferred to Brother Bear that Mama Bear knows everything.  And, I might possibly want to keep it that way as long as I can.  Ahem.

Thus, the Question Box.

But I digress.  I decided to introduce a similar sort of idea on this blog.  Hopefully, we can have some fun with this.  I'll ask a question, you answer, and then I'll select my favorites from the mounds of responses and feature them on the blog.  Perhaps, who knows, I might even give prizes..  

So, without further adieu, I introduce to you...... 

Wanna Know Wednesday!!!  

Here's how it works:
1.  I ask you (internet bears) a question
2.  You answer via the "comments" section of the blog.  (Confused as to how to comment?  Just click "anonymous" and you don't have to sign into anything.  Just make sure to identify yourself in the comment area)  Comments must be received no later than 11:00 p.m. on said Wednesday.
3.  I'll post my favorite answers/winner by the end of the week.

I'm excited.  Hopefully you are too!  The questions may be funny, crazy, easy, hard or just plain interesting.

So here's my question:

Brother Bear's last day of school is today (eek).  So, come 3:00 p.m., it's officially summer in our household.  But I find that there are other ways than the school calendar to know when summer has officially arrived.  For instance, we unpacked the "Slip-n-Slide" and let Brother Bear and his Bear Cub Friends play on it the other day.  Slip-n-Slides are a sure sign of summer.

I digress...again.

Wanna Know Wednesday Question:  

What is the "sign" (are the "signs") for you and your family that summer has officially begun?*

Remember, respond via the comments section on this blog.  And, who knows, you might actually get your response featured on my blog!!!  And, since this is the FIRST EVER WANNA KNOW WEDNESDAY, one lucky responder will receive a bottle of Burt's Bees Natural Insect Repellant (it is summer, you know!).   How fun!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

*note: this question is seriously easier than the current question in our Question Box - "how did God become God."  Be thankful.  Very, very thankful.

7 comments:

  1. Signs of summer, from Samuel's, Avery's, and Isaac's perspective... The gloves, hats and scarves mysteriously disappear from our dresser drawers and get replaced (as if by magic) with shorts, tank tops and swimming suits; (From Avery) Mommy says I can no longer get away with wearing my black, faux-fur lined Hello Kitty boots everywhere, and suggets I wear some really cute flip flops she just bought me from Target instead; (From Isaac) the sand box grows a new crop of clean sand; (From Samuel) it's still light outside when I go to bed at night, and Mommy tells me I can start sleeping later in the morning, even though I still prefer to wake up at the crack of dawn; and the big, black bar-b-q pit finally comes out of hibernation... Hey, did you know Daddy can cook?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My question was: Momma, did God die?
    My response: No. Well, yes. Kind of. Larry, you take this one.

    Funny you should ask! I have a story: Summer is officially here when E&R get 'shoes where I can see my toes'. And Ross wants 'pretty toes like Momma' to go with his fwip fwops. But oh the weeping and gnashing of teeth because they are not school approved footwear. So this morning E had to take her new purple princess jelly shoes into school,announce I got new shoes, return them to the car and STRAP THEM IN to her seat.
    Good Summer Times. Jilly G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, mine is short and sweet. When my baby (despite being 2 years old), runs around in a diaper 24/7 and does not want to get dressed. He even ended up naked in the front yard yesterday. I'm sure the neighbors appreciated the sight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bolder Boulder 10K followed by a bbq on Memorial Day with good friends. Happy Memorial Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tick Check!!!!!!!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popsicles in the driveway!!! see photo for proof!!! Steph

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get the question each day when the girls get dressed if today is going to be "hot, cold, or medium," and then they choose clothes from their summer drawer, winter drawer, or a combo for "medium" days. You can never really pack away summer or winter clothes all year in Texas. So summer for us is when I yell from the kitchen decidedly "only hot clothes from now on!" Kristy

    ReplyDelete