Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wanna Know Winners

It's here!  I know you've been willingly waiting for Wanna Know Wednesday Winners.  I had to cull through a record amount of postings, but I finally made it!

The 1st ever Wanna Know Wednesday Question was:

What is the "sign" (are the "signs") for you and your family that summer has officially begun?

Here are some of the sure signs of summer - straight from the internet bears:
  • Jilly G says, "When the kids get 'shoes where I can see my toes'"  (Even if they aren't school approved!)
  • "When my baby runs around in a diaper 24/7 and does not want to get dressed" says MH.  And, I might add, that's one cute diapered bear cub!
  • Some, like GA, say it's a specific event:  "the Boulder Boulder 10K followed by a Memorial Day BBQ with friends."  Save me some bbq Big Brother Bear!
  • "Popsicles in the driveway" are a sure sign for SR.  Funny!  We too just enjoyed our first popsicle of the season last week!  And I, too, was very clear that popsicles were an outside treat!
  • KI says that summer has arrived when she tells her bear cubs "only hot clothes from now on!". 
  • My Mother Bear, who spends a good part of the year in Deep Bear Country/The Witness Protection Program, heralded the start of summer with 2 simple words, "Tick Check!".  Ain't that the truth! 
And, finally, our 1st Ever Wanna Know Wednesday Winner:
  • Our FIRST RESPONDER, The 5 Aces, had several entries.  However, 1 entry gave me the giggles, and kept me laughing.  Summer, according to her daughter, is when "she can no longer get away with wearing my black, faux-fur lined Hello Kitty boots everywhere".  No more fur lined clothing is surely a sign that summer (or a reasonable Mother Bear) prevails!  Congratulations 5 Aces!  A bottle of Burts Bees Natural Insect Repellant is headed your way!!
Thanks so much for responding!  I don't know about you guys, but this was fun!  I look forward to more fun questions with you all!

1 comment: