Tuesday, June 23, 2009

An answer...at last


It is finished:
I TOLD YOU I wasn't crafty. No judgement, please.

I know you have all been dying to know what our special craft turned out to be...

Here's what it isn't (based on your guesses):
  • a turtle
  • a yeast cell budding
  • contemporary art (although, yeah, maybe it is)
  • a summer squash
  • a very pregnant snake
  • Nemo
  • a cement mixer
  • a hot air balloon (lying on its side)
  • a balloon
  • a bowling pin that is "in a family way"
  • a boobie (ahem. lovingly submitted by my Big Brother Bear)
All very good guesses.

But, alas. All very good wrong guesses.

I'm sure that the paint job Brother Bear offered only adds to the confusion. It seems that Brother Bear inherited my penchant for bold (and creative) color choices.

Okay. Enough stalling. Our incredibly realistic, artistic and crafty paper mache project turned out to be......

A Ladybug.

Seriously.

See the white eyes on the blue ladybug head? And the brown spots on the orange ladybug body? How can you not totally see that it is, of course, A LADYBUG??

It all went wrong when I allowed Brother Bear to be in charge of inflating the balloon for the head of the ladybug. We had some issues with proportion. Then we had some issues with connecting the head to the body, which only added to our proportion issues. Of course, given that it was a craft (and I AM NOT CRAFTY), I opted to just go with the flow versus trying to fix said issues.

Story of my life.

Thanks for playing along! I thoroughly enjoyed your responses!! It's nice to know there are cyber bears out there reading!

Next time we do a craft, I'll let you guess again. I have a feeling it won't be any time soon, though!!! I have to recover from this craft first.

1 comment:

  1. I totally see it now - a ladybug - but of course! Kudos to you for confronting your non-craftiness head-on, and diving right into this challenging craft! :-)

    ReplyDelete