Thursday, June 4, 2009

Still alive!

While Papa Bear is away it seems Mama Bear has no time for play (read: blogging).  My apologies to all of you loyal cyber bears.  That's right.  You have a name now!  It took me a while, but I finally came up with something I like!  Hope you do too!

I'm sneaking this post in while Sugar Bear has her afternoon hibernation and Brother Bear does some serious educational work (read: watches his allotted two, pre-approved public television "educational" shows).  I'm certain I don't have much time before I'm pulled away to nurse a bear cub or play yet another rousing game of Chutes and Ladders.  

Just wanted to let you know I'm alive (in case you were worried?).  This is the first time I've "flown solo" with 2 bear cubs, a dog, and a blog.  As you can tell, I've had some trouble getting to everything!  Something has to give, right?

Should you want to know what I've been up to this week here's a run down:  I wisely scheduled my dog's annual vet appointment this week (in my defense, I thought it would be a fun outing) and we spent a whopping 1.5 hours waiting for them to confirm that, yes, my dog is old.  Fabulous use of everyone's time.  We've taken meals to 2 friends, one of whom lives in Southern Oklahoma.  Poor planning on my part had us stuck in 5:00 traffic.  Which also just happens to be Sugar Bear's mealtime.  Niiiiiice!  Sugar Bear pooped in the bathtub not once, not twice, but THREE nights in a row.  I thought about going for a record 4 last night, but decided to allow an evening dip in a neigh-bears pool to be a substitute for a bath. (Please don't call the authorities!)  We made 1 Whipping Cream Pound Cake and a batch of Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps.  We've also enjoyed several games of Chutes and Ladders (which I always lost) and dinner by candle light.  Then we topped things off yesterday with a 5 year old tantrum that will go down in the history books.  Needless to say, everyone is ready for Papa Bear to be home.  Good thing he bounces back quickly from jet lag!  (Bwahhahahahahahaha!).

Until my creative juices return (and I get through my pile of laundry to be folded), I'm linking you to this blog posting.  Fabulous....

Thanks to those bear friends and family that have offered help this week.  Big bear hugs to all!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment