Thursday, June 25, 2009

A fly on the wall...

Have you ever found yourself saying, "I wish I could have been a fly on that wall!"? I know I've said it more times than I wish. I've always enjoyed the idea of being in the midst of a situation I wouldn't otherwise be invited to, and well, just watching what happens.

Until Monday night, that is.

Monday night, I watched the most recent episode of "Jon and Kate Plus 8". I can't say I've been a loyal fan over the years (haven't bought a book, attended a seminar, etc., etc.), but I have kept up with the show (and the tabloids). Going into this season, I had such high hopes that things would work out. Then Monday night, I watched as they "together" announced their separation and subsequent divorce proceedings.

I realized that as a reality show voyeur, I had seriously crossed a line. I wanted out. I didn't want to be watching the train wreck anymore. These sad people sat in front of a t.v. camera and talked about the meltdown of their marriage and the potential effects on their (and their childrens') lives and I was watching the whole time. I felt so dirty!

Regardless of your opinions about their marriage and their issues, you have to agree - it wasn't quite as fun being a fly on the wall this time, was it?

1 comment:

  1. I was reminded why all of the books and expert advise say over and over to put your marriage first.

    ReplyDelete