Friday, June 26, 2009

Scientific Discovery

Brother Bear has been attending a "summer camp" this week at a local university. The title of the workshop is "Young Scientific Detectives". According to the brochure, "they are the detective, and they will discover what causes the magical things that they see every day." "They will use their observational skills to uncover the secrets of the world right in front of them." This is totally up Brother Bear's alley. He has been ecstatic about this camp to say the least! I mean, who can't get excited about a little baking soda and vinegar experimentation?

Everyday when I pick him up, I ask him what was his favorite scientific thing that he learned from camp. Want to know what today's favorite lesson was? Here's what Brother Bear said:

"My favorite thing I learned was that you shouldn't hide under the table 'cause you might bust your lip and have to go to the nurse like so-and-so did today."

Now, that is some keen scientific observational detective work if I've ever seen it!

No comments:

Post a Comment