Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What We Learned Today


I'm sure you are all anxious to find out what we learned today in Vacation Bible School today. So, without further adieu, here's what we learned:

Mama Bear: Cephas (Peter's Aramaic Name) is not pronounced "see-fuss" as I had always thought but instead is correctly pronounced "kay-fuss". Who knew after my very Baptist upbringing, 2 college semesters of Chapel, 1 college semester of Old Testament and another college semester of New Testament that I would learn something new?

Sugar Bear: Since she can't exactly tell me what she learned, I'm guessing she learned that God loves her, and (if I know her like I do) that cute only gets you so far in life.

Brother Bear: Brother Bear learned that he can't marry his sister. Yep. That's right. It seems that Brother Bear told the senior pastor that he was going to marry Sugar Bear. How in the world he got to this topic when the lesson for the day was Jesus walking on water, I'll never know. None-the-less, one of the other teachers kindly explained to him that he can't marry family. Too bad. They would have made a cute couple.

See what great things you learn in Vacation Bible School?


2 comments:

  1. That is so cute about BB wanting to marry SB. Moments that melt a MB's heart!!

    RAK

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny, given that BB is an only child?! Go figure. Steph

    ReplyDelete