Friday, April 8, 2011

Fashionist-ahhh Friday!

A new - perhaps, regular? (gulp) - installment here at the Den (part of my Spring Cleaning attempt):

Fashionist-ahhh Friday!

This all stems from Sugar Bears newest obsession. You see, Sugar Bear is 2.5 going on 15. She wants to do everything herself, including selecting her wardrobe and dressing herself. This is new to me (for this age). Brother Bear didn't give a lick what went on his body. Come to think of it, he generally preferred to just be nekkid. All the time. And when he was forced to be clothed, he didn't have an opinion about it until about a year ago. Sigh. Those were the days.

So, Sugar Bear has started choosing her outfits herself. ALL. BY. HERSELF. I am not allowed near the vicinity unless my help is required and (more importantly) requested. It seems Sugar Bear is a bit of a Fashionista. She loves her some clothes. And accessories. And shoes. And hats. Literally, anything she can put on her body, she does. The control freak in me is fighting desperately with the hippie in me. The hippie is winning. Seriously, I would prefer the cub be able to fully dress herself before the age of 3 than have a well coordinated outfit every day. (Remember, I dressed the other cub until he was almost 6. Been there, done that!)

I began taking pictures recently and sending them to my parents. I decided it my be fun to let you Cyberbears in on the action. Thus, the birth of "Fashionist-ahhh Fridays." I'm hoping to post the pictures of Sugar Bear's outfits for the week each Friday.

Who knows, she might even start a trend in the under five crowd that makes me her a millionaire! (silly bandz anyone?).

Hope you enjoy!


Accessories are the key here. Notice unique use of "bracelet" as arm accessory. Necklace is handmade, one of kind. And, of course, a girl cub can't go anywhere without a good pair of sparkly shoes.

Who knew pink, red, and orange went together so well. What a fashion trailblazer! (Note, the turtleneck was NOT her choice. It was Mama Bear's weather related demand.)


This one shows real fashion skills (and yes, we did leave the house this day!). The layering is unique and the mixing of sumer and winter is, well, breathtaking. The Hello Kitty house shoes and plaid hat? Just plain genius.

Again, note the layering and mixing of seasons. I see a real trend coming with this look.

Come back next week for more fun and fabulous fashion!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, welcome to life with a girl. Every night I tell myself we are not going to fight about clothes and every morning we do. Because the agreed upon outfit the night before is never what she want to wear the next morning. After two particularly mis-matched days on MommaMac pick up days, mother calls and tells me she can't go to school like that, kids will make fun of her, does she need to buy the child some clothes. And then she did. And what I wanted to say was that she was welcome to come over at 7am, drag the child out of bed, fight, and get her to school by 7:30am. Instead I just said thanks. I'm sorry. We're we talking about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom never dressed me and when I commented on some outfit in a picture, she said, "Don't blame me, you chose it." You are officially off the hook when you let her dress herself. And it's not a bad way to learn decision making and self expression. :)

    ReplyDelete