Monday, April 18, 2011

What's on your windowsill?


Does your kitchen windowsill look like this?

Mine always ends up being a menagerie of random things. I try to keep it organized, but it seems that this is the place-where-all-things-I-don't-know-where-they-should-go-at-the-moment go. Sigh.

Currently, you see:
  • Herbes de Provence (decorative) - this is one of the few things that is actually supposed to be there.
  • Ring holder - my Big Brother Bear and Sister-In-Law-Bear got that for me. I take my rings off when I'm in the kitchen. They just about stroked out when they saw me setting them on the windowsill. The elephant also serves as a reminder to pray for the orphans in Kenya.
  • Lotion. Where else should I put it?
  • Candle. Attempt to mitigate horrific smell permeating through house.
  • Nail polish. Just had a nail painting party with Sugar Bear. Apparently, I didn't get around to putting it away.
  • Two original "masterpieces" in clay by Brother Bear. They'll stay.
  • Glass milk jug. Had flowers in it. Now they don't. Need to put in more flowers or put it away. Will likely stay there (empty) for months.
  • Candle. Another attempt at removing smell (see above).
  • Handprint of Brother Bear when he was TWO. I really need to find a place for that.
  • Cross and prayer beads. One of the other things that is always supposed to be there. A reminder to pray for specific things.
Please tell me I'm not the only one that has a kitchen windowsill (or some other spot) in their den that serves as a collection point for all things random?

So, what about you? What's on your windowsill?

5 comments:

  1. Our kitchen desk is the catch-all in our house and sometimes it drives me nuts, but most of the time I don't even see the disaster. We have an old Texas Monthly magazine that stays because it has a list of the 50 best roadside cafes in Texas, note paper, lunch bag, pens, candle, matches, miniature bottle of Tabasco (who knows?!), and receipts (thank you, Rick). Come to think of it, I'm cleaning that up tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabasco? Now, that's interesting! Happy Spring cleaning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)

    http://missadaptation.blogspot.com/2010/01/window-to-my-world.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Adaptation...Wow. Crazy. Weird. This cannot be coincidence. Apparently, I read your post and then tucked it away in a part of my brain? Egads. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just envious you HAVE a windowsill! Whoever built this box was not concerned at all about natural light! But we sure do have junk everywhere, don't you worry!

    ReplyDelete