Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April Showers bring, uh, blogging?


April? It's April? What the heck happened to March? And, most of February too?!

I recently received several emails questioning my whereabouts on the blog. They might have gone something like this:

"Did you forget how to turn on your computer?"
"Did you move your blog?"
"Blog much?"

Ahem.

Might I suggest some alternate options:


B. Hibernation (I am a bear, after all)

C. I gave up blogging for Lent (just because I'm Baptist, doesn't mean I don't participate)

D. I lost my mo-jo for a while, then got sucked away by real life. Then I became completely overwhelmed with the constant, nagging monster in my life named "Failure" (who, by the way, hovers over me ready to pounce at any sign of weakness). Apparently "Failure" told me several things which I believed. Then I kicked "Failure" in his sensitive places and had the courage to sign in again.

Which is more believable to you? Feel free to postulate in the comments section.

Glad to be back. I think. I'm going to do a little "spring cleaning" around the den. Maybe mix it up a bit. I hope those of you who are still around will join me. Because, although I admit to a major crush on Neil Patrick Harris way back when (no judging, please), this isn't a Doogie Howser type journal. I'm looking for interaction here, conversation, opinions, thoughts, feelings.

Suggestions welcome as I go.

Failure not invited.


2 comments:

  1. Hmm--methinks it's probably D and I am SO glad that you overcame any paralyzing thoughts and came back to the electronic world! I love hearing about the latest from the Bear Den! Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THERE YOU ARE! Sure missed you while you were away.

    I hear you on the "D" thing. I like what Bill Cosby had to say: "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." Amen, Mr. Cosby. Amen.

    Write what you want, when you want to, and if it pleases YOU, then you have done good work.

    Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete