Tuesday, April 26, 2011

An Inconvenient Truth

Every morning when I'm turning out lights and heading out, I discover this in the cubs' bathroom:
(I know, I know. But you really did need a visual. I promise.)

It seems that Brother Bear's school is teaching them all sorts of ways to "Be Green" and save the environment. Number one being, "If it's yellow - let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down."

He INSITS that he's saving the earth. Which, I'm sure he is. But this isn't about the earth, now, is it? It's about me. And my sense of cleanliness. And my desire NOT to look at a toilet full o' pee every time I walk into a bathroom. Ick.

So, being the good, earthly, mother that I am, I let it mellow.....

And as soon as he's gone, I race back to the bathroom and flush that sucker just as fast as my furry paws will let me.

I'll save the earth another way thankyouverymuch.

6 comments:

  1. So that's what our son's been doing, conserving water. I'll try to show my appreciation better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Pitch, that's his story and he's sticking to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, at least he is using toilet paper. Not always the case in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous - Girl, that was toilet paper from a nose blowing. Do they even use toilet paper when they pee? Wait. No one answer that question.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He would fit in with my Colorado-born husband just fine! (He did agree to paper towels when the new puppy came to visit, which I count as a huge victory!)

    ReplyDelete